1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Your “personal data” means information (or a combination of information) relating to you that can reasonably allow you to be identified.
Personal data we collect from you
The personal data we may collect from you includes the following categories:
- email address; and
- communications from you.
We collect and use your personal data when you:
- sign-up for marketing emails from us; or
- contact us via the Website (or otherwise).
We use third party donation platforms (“Donation Platforms”), such as JustGiving, to process donations made to us. We do not retain any payment card information in connection with the processing of such donations. The Donation Platforms’ use of your donation information is governed by their applicable terms, which shall be made available to you during the donation process.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS
We may use your personal data for the purposes set out in the table below. We have also set out our “legal basis” for each of these uses.
|Use||Purpose||Legal basis for use|
|Communicating with you||We use your personal data when we communicate with you. This may include responding to communications from you or sending marketing emails when we have a legal basis to send these to you
||It is in our legitimate interests to provide you with appropriate information about the Website. We will obtain your consent before sending marketing messages|
|Complying with our obligations||We use your personal data to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, for example, cooperating with law enforcement
||This is so we can comply with our legal obligations|
3. HOW AND WHEN WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- with service providers and business partners that provide business services for us for the purposes set out above, such as marketing platforms and hosting providers;
- where required by law with law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; or
- in the context of a transaction with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors, and other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets or business.
4. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal data as the laws of your home country.
Where we transfer your data outside of the United Kingdom, where required by data protection law we put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) to provide adequate protections for your personal data. For more information on the appropriate safeguards we have in place please contact us at the contact information set out below.
5. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Direct marketing opt-out
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from us. You can also unsubscribe or opt-out by emailing us at any time at email@example.com.
You have certain legal rights regarding the personal data we hold about you. For example, you can ask us:
- Right of access: to see what personal data we hold about you;
- Right to erasure: to erase your personal data;
- Right to data portability: to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, or for us to port your personal data to another data controller; and
- Right to restrict processing: to restrict our use of your personal data.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have a right to complain to your local data protection authority (such as the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK via https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint).
We encourage you to contact us at email@example.com to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal data, you can use this email address to withdraw this consent at any time.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TOOLS
We do not use browser cookies or any similar technologies on the Website.
We recognise the special obligation to protect personal data of children. Children under 18 years of age (or such other age as may be determined by law) should not access the Website.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
We implement security measures designed to safeguard and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. However, no information system can be completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
We keep your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal data after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
9. CONTACT US
The Raheem Sterling Foundation is the “controller” responsible for the personal data we collect and process.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data has been used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Last updated: 23 November 2021